Being one of the MAGIC Influencers wasn't just all fun and games and desert photo shoots. I walked the show whenever I had a spare moment as I loved browsing through the hundreds of booths talking to designers and reps about the upcoming collections. Here are ten brands and trends I'm looking forward to for SS 13. It's time to get excited for the future!
1. The Aussie takeover. Of late, I've been coveting so many great pieces from Australian designers. Their great sense of style really separates them from the pack. Elliatt is one of them. I've been following their collections for a few seasons and they just keep getting better. The spring/summer 2013 collection is a definite showstopper.
2. The new shoe basics. Kelsi Dagger's collection of wear everyday, stand out everyday shoes are the ultimate Spring 2013 shoecase.
3. The girly dress. ABS is softening its Spring 2013 collection with the ultimate girly dress. The pleating, the neckline, the cinched waist, and the candy colors are incredibly soft and body flattering. I love it.
5. The handbag that won't break the bank. R+J (from the designers behind Romeo+Juliet Couture) handbags are entering the contemporary scene in a huge way. Their line of uber affordable and uber chic handbags got me a bit hot and bothered. I need to get my hands on the collection pronto or else I'll really be bothered.
6. The new denim basics. Earnest Sewn's line of colored denim is the perfect marriage between trend and fit. I've worn ES jeans since it came on the denim scene during the first premium denim rush as they fit great and are made (in the USA) of super soft and high quality denim. The new colors are completely on trend.
7. The prints. Lavender Brown actually owns its prints which means each are unique and will not be copied or reprinted by copycats. I have no doubt many of their silk screen dresses and blouses will make their way into my closet shortly.
8. The shine factor. I was so bummed when Pinkyotto (an east coast outpost) closed its 3rd street/Fairfax store a few years ago so I was pleasantly surprised to reunite with them at MAGIC! I love that it's also a wholesale business which means I won't need to fly to New York every time I'm coveting one of their amazing pieces. Shine on!
9. The new "it" brand. I'm in love with Boundary & Co! This LA based fashion company has some serious style game. No wonder it just got picked up by Saks Fifth Avenue. Laser cut leather...yes, please.
10. The new classic. Loeffler Randall's new handbag collection is as refined and obsession worthy as its footwear line. Every piece is an instant classic and an instant hit. It's been an editors' favorite since the line sheets first came out.
11. The rock n roll blazer. I'm greedy and can't stop at 10. So I'm adding one more fab item to the list. The Isabel Lu studded blazer is absolutely everything. The fit is perfect and the metal studded details bring a bit of edginess to your basic blazer. It's kind of ingenious.